His real name is Gouranga Chakraborty, but he is famously known as Mithun Chakraborty in film industry. Chakraborty was born on June 16, 1952 in Barisal city of Bangladesh. Mithun Chakraborty the original dancing king of Bollywood has turned 62 today.
Mithun Chakraborty was the first man who introduced pop culture in the nation and familiarize the people with disco dance. While as an actor he bring in the martial arts form in the Indian cine-world, his work and devotion made him one of his kinds in the Indian cinema.
Mithun now enjoys the position of being one of the most celebrated actors of his times and is respected and loved by heart all over the world.
Here we have some important facts to know how a common man becomes an overnight star and then rules over the hearts not only in India but overseas as well.
1. Mithun Chakraborty was a hard Naxalite before he joined the film industry. He had even done a movie named The Naxalite by K. A. Abbas.
2. Mithun da made his debut with a 1976 Hindi film Mrigayaa, for which the actor also won the prestigious National Film Award.
3. In his younger days Mithun Chakraborty was a wrestler and has won West Bengal State Wrestling Championship in the Junior Category. In Martial Arts he has received black belt.
4. He had got a massive fan following in Russia.
5. A comic book named Jimmy Zhingchak- Agent of D.I.S.C.O which is based on Mithun da. He has also written the foreword of the book.
6. Mithun Chakraborty is little superstitious about Ooty. He beleave that his films shot at the place have been successful, so he opened a hotel and also owns a house there.
7. Dada has named his son ‘Mimoh’ on the bases of name of two of his most favourite stars, Michael Jackson and Mohammed Ali.
8. Mithun Chakraborty love animals, he keeps 38 dogs as his children in Mumbai.
9. His Indian fans called him ‘Prabhuji’ and even wanted to built a temple with idol of him, but Mithun refused over the decision.
10. His blockbuster movie Disco Dancer released in 1982 making him a star as character Jimmy. In 1989 he had a record number of 19 films released.